7/9/11

hopeful, anxious, nervous...prepared

i woke this morning a little extra early, you see, butterflies were and are still floating in my belly.
after coming home yesterday from a little getaway to Birch Bay and being pleasantly exhausted i thought  sleep would come easily.  that wasn't the case.

today i second shoot my first wedding and i am so excited. so anxious. so nervous. so glad it turned out to be a beautiful day. i am filled with nerves and hope.  not only do i get to see the talented Justine Russo and shoot alongside her but this is my chance to finally incorporate everything i've read, seen and studied in class, in workshops, in books into a real live wedding.

my nerves tell me everything could go wrong, camera failure, shaky hands, dead batteries.  my anxieties tell me what if i screw up?  what if i'm not good enough?  but my hope and my excitement cancel out all those fears because i am good enough.  i am prepared to go with the flow and see where that will lead.  i am prepared to do what is asked of me and shoot to my hearts content.  i am prepared for the inevitable with backup batteries and equipment.  i am prepared for this day because i have studied and practised for so long.  i am prepared because i choose to set my fears aside, keep my head held high and go in with the knowledge that everything is possible.

a calm peace settles in my heart.  i am prepared.



1 comment:

Justine Russo said...

And you were awesome! Thanks so SO much for all your help!!! :)
You didn't mess up, you didn't freeze! You were amazing!! :)BE so proud and sleep well tonight!