6/5/11

sunday madness




I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee in hand, Glee playing in the background, the window wide open to let the fresh air in while the sun glares off my screen, loving every minute of it because it's been so long since I've felt the sun on my skin.

*Side Note: It's well close to midnight by the time I post this as I've been going back and forth fixing and organizing my computer.  A crescent moon peaks amidst the clouds and my eyes struggle to stay open partly because I need to take my contacts out and rub my eyes fiercely and because too much sun = tiredness.  Ah life = bliss!*

What started out as a beautiful and gorgeous relaxing day is slowly ending in a haphazard hair pulling, head smacking against desk night.

I recently purchased Lightroom 3 (a photo editing program for those that aren't familiar) and being new to my MAC and still learning and wanting to right click everything, somehow ALL my pictures ended up in the trash.  Ugh!!  I have my work cut out for me tonight!  This is not how I wanted to spend my night when I have Assassins Creed 2 waiting for me to finish.  On the other hand I'm actually fixing the problem right away instead of leaving it to the last minute.  No procrastinating tonight!  I did need a break though so I thought I'd update my week.

If anyone follows my other blog you'll have read that this week past my best friend came to visit.  I couldn't have been more happy and excited to see her.  It's been two years!!  Yikes!!  She's my best friend.  My sister.  My family.
Having her here made me realize just how much I miss ALL my family and friends from back home but I still wouldn't move back there.  I love it too much out here.  If anything now she's talking about moving out here, lol.
We had a blast together and it was like the last two years haven't passed at all.  I love moments like that.
I won't bore you with all our girly details but I will say that these memories are now buried in my heart forever.

On top of my best friend visiting I bought a new pineapple wedger from Pampered Chef.  I never knew such a thing existed and although it required a little bit of muscle work it's freaking awesome if I do say so myself.  It took a total of two minutes, not even and it peeled my pineapple perfectly.  Hardly any mess to clean up and that's awesome!



*from left to right in a clockwise pattern*

  • driving around the mall I noticed this poor gal's car...awww...I didn't do it!
  • my son took this picture, he saw a crabby patty in the sky?
  • I love bbq's during the summer...I could have a bbq every night :)
  • when the suns rays beat down through the clouds I feel like I'm in the right place at the right time



  • Our local 7-11 refills our jumbo cups with slushies for under two dollars!  now that's a steal but holy brainfreeze
  • I LOVE my eco friendly Urthbag and it goes wherever I go
  • we stopped at Subway to grab some lunch for our picnic today
  • beautiful weather merits flip flops
  • Dorin slurping away
  • naturally the dogs came for a picnic too
  • Ipod in tow is all you need while cruising down the beach strip
  • my healthy yummy lunch

Today closes in on the night before the much anticipated Jamie Delaine Workshop and I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but this is something I've been looking forward to for quite some time and to be honest I don't even know why.  I'm excited to meet new photographers.  I'm excited to learn.  I'm excited to get out and do what I love to do.

No comments: